April 5, 2020
Backyard Fire Pits Many Accessories
Backyard fire pits are a wonderful addition to any home, sitting around one with friends and family is an enjoyable and relaxing way to spend an evening. There are two main styles of backyard fire pits. There are ones that are directly on or in the ground, built out of stone or using a metal ring, and there are fire pits that are all-in-one units. These are decorative, are round or square, and often have a nice copper bowl for the fire. They can also be moved without much trouble. Regardless of what type of fire pit fits your lifestyle and tastes, there are a few accessories that you may want to consider.
- Spark screen - it is a known fact that a fire will pop and crackle, and often send out stray sparks. The type of wood and it's condition can contribute the the amount of sparks, but it cannot be totally controlled. The last thing you want is a stray spark to burn someone, so a spark screen is really beneficial. They are round and come in different sizes, and one side lifts up for easy access to add wood to the fire. The screen can be easily removed for roasting marshmallows. A spark screen is also great if you have small children because it gives the fire a more visible barrier.
- Fire Pit Cover - these are nice covers for stand alone backyard fire pits, they are often made of vinyl, and add a nice touch for protection of your investment. These also come in an assortment of sizes, and most will cinch down or have elastic at the bottom to give it a nice fit. Most are designed to fit over a fire pit with a spark screen in place.
- Log grate - the previous two accessories are for the second type of backyard fire pits described above, but if you have a basic fire ring in your yard, you may want a log grate. These grates come in different sizes and shapes to fit different dimension pits, you just place one in your fire pit and then place the logs on top. A grate allows the wood to burn more evenly, it allows for air flow beneath the logs, and they are built to last. It is common to see these in a fire place, so it makes sense to have one in your outdoor fire as well.
- Log rack - though you can just have a stack of logs sitting nearby, your back yard will have a more pleasing look if you use some type of log rack. I have seen these in different shapes, and even seen some that are on wheels for easy transport of your logs. These make your wood stack look neater, and reduces the chance of it toppling over.
- Log tote - like above, another accessory that is great for any type of backyard fire pit is a tote for hauling logs. These are usually made of a strong type of material, such as canvas or leather,and they are a great way to haul logs without getting yourself dirty or scratched up.
There haven't been any comments on this post yet.
Be the first one!
Be the first one!